Sunday, August 18, 2013

130722 TimC Subject: Tinkerers' Faire

 130722 TimC: Subject: Tinkerers' Faire


I just wanted to send a big shout out of THANK YOU!!!!!  all of you who 
participated this past Sunday. I think it was a big success. We may get 
some hard numbers of the attendance sometime in the future. I will guess 
we had at least 400? I know some of you had to make arrangements or 
didn't feel tip top that day. I really thank you for making the effort 
to coming out. Justin C did a great job in organizing this event. 
The walk in with the carts was way easier than I thought it would be. I 
actually got all my stuff on one cart (almost). Javier was great to make 
arrangements for us to pick up the monitor. Dmitrii, I thought the 
presentation you created was perfection. I hope we can do it again this 
coming August for the Astrovaganza ( or someone can run it.). The 
pictures on the monitor were worth not having to explain certain aspects 
of mirror making and more. Customers could see it. Tom K said he had 
a whole bunch of kids. The idea to set up on the nearby bench was truly 
a good match for these little ones. Joe D was so helpful that day to 
me his help was indispensable. The prank to have the front desk ask me 
for I.D. was actually a good one. You got me. Tom T was a floater 
as well as Ed K. Tom thanks for handling the hand outs for me! 
Having free floaters I believe is a must.  Tom W. and Jerry, what can I 
say? When I have any hard questions come at me, I automatically turn to 
find you two. Couldn't do it without you both. Hope you are feeling 
better Tom. Jerry, thanks for going the extra mile for us. Give Pat our 
best!( The dog needed a day off anyway;-) ). I was in the classroom with 
Jerry and mentioned how disappointed not having my good buddy Ed Edwards 
' there was. I was really looking forward to him giving his take on old 
school amatuer astronomy to the customers. Jerry told me," You never 
know, maybe he got the message and he will be here any moment." Two 
minutes later, he walked into the lunchroom! Thanks to Gary R for 
dropping everything to help us get Ed's scope into the canopy area! 
Gary, I hope you got to see the Tour final stage that evening. (You too 
Ed K.) The visuals on the Arc de Triomphe were just the best!!! Last but 
not least I want to thank the AU for letting us use the new monitor. I 
will tell you, it was not money spent in vain! It is really cool! Just 
the right size! 
 
We will do it all again this August if any of you are up to it. Next 
month, I think we will be at the Broder Building to set up our 
presentation. Personally, I hope you can make it. You guys are just 
great. I was watching. I'd put you guys up against anyone, anytime, 
anywhere. Period. 
T 

No comments:

Post a Comment