Tuesday, August 11, 2015

150809

TimC looking for scratches...found one!  Time for a new lap!
On 8/9/2015 7:04 AM, Tim Crawford wrote:
 Greetings all,
 We are planning to meet Tuesday, August 11th from 7:30-9pm at Broder .

 I went over to my good friend Tom Whittemore's home this weekend. Our intentions were to pour a new pitch lap for my 8" mirror project. The early afternoon sun poured over the vegetable gardens and humming birds swooped to the many feeders in the yard. Tom and his wife Maureen along with their dogs Patch and Flanagan made my stay most welcome.

 I became mesmerized by Tom's expertise of many things. One is baking bread! Sampling some of his work with some home grown tomatoes was a true treat. Many of our members are multi talented people. Tom is no exception. I hope Tom and Maureen don't mind my sharing this with you.

I will tell you we poured a  truly fine pitch lap. This is a thing of beauty. No flaws at all. Great work Tom! We used a combination of pitch. Medium tempered pitch and hard pitch. The process is fairly simple and straight forward, especially using these new pitch molds. I am thinking someday we may want to film this process and share it with the club at one of the members' nights?

 We will probably need a tester brought to Tuesday's meeting as Tom will not be there. I will bring mine, but it is not the best. Aside from testing there will be the opportunity to work on projects. I hope you get a chance to come by and participate. It's a blast!
> T

No comments:

Post a Comment